CLIC is pleased to announce that we have signed an agreement with Project MUSE to participate in their Evidence-Based Acquisitions (EBA) Pilot program for eBooks. During FY16-17, the CLIC community will have access to the full text of more than 28,000 eBooks. Next spring, CLIC’s Collection Development Committee will select titles for permanent purchase based on usage during the pilot year.
Significant features of Project MUSE’s eBooks include:
- DRM-free content.
- Unlimited simultaneous usage, printing, and downloading.
- Searchable and retrievable to the chapter level.
- Mobile access on an PDF-compatible device.
- COUNTER-compliant usage statistics.
- Free MARC records.
- Simultaneous publication in electronic and print formats for new content.
- Perpetual access rights to purchase eBook content.
For questions, please see your library’s Collection Development Committee representative.